Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Long Day

Wednesdays are long days for us. Mary Grace has preschool from 9 to noon. I pick the girls up from Ms. Julie's around 5 then we head straight to church for supper (chicken and dumplings tonight, yum!). Usually, we go home right after supper but tonight was the start of our Fall Bible studies. Stephen is taking a course on the Old Testament. One of our members who is in seminary is teaching it. I'm taking yet another Beth Moore study. This one is on the book of Daniel. Her studies are always interesting, entertaining, and convicting and this one is shaping up to be all those things, too.
One sad thing to report today is that our dear daycare teacher, Ms. Britney, lost her father this morning. He went in for a routine hernia surgery and somehow developed a blood clot that traveled to his heart. She was on the playground with the kids when she got the call informing her that he had died. This is, obviously, a terrible tragedy for Britney and her family. If you could send up a little prayer for her; I'm sure she needs it.
Aside from that, we're all fine and glad to be moving on to the end of this week. I'm thinking of knocking off on Friday afternoon and taking the girls for a surprise trip to the beach.
I'm also thinking of adding a beach day into our stay at home calendar once per week. I think that will be fun for the girls, even when it gets cold. It's hard to beat an endless sandbox! We'll also start going to storytime at the library on Thursdays. The girls love the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment