Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day

The girls and I enjoyed a welcome break from work and school today.  After talking about Columbus Day and learning (with help from Grandma's Scholastic poster) why we celebrate Mr. Columbus, we went over to Mary Grace's school to play on the new playground and take some photos since the weather was so beautiful and the grass (really, sod) so green at the new school.  After playing, we met Stephen for lunch at Papa Luigi's, our favorite pizza place.  Then we went home to rest.  This afternoon, we made a trip to WalMart to stock up on things that Momo might need while she's here.  The girls got some Bendarooz at the store.  What a neat toy!  They spent a good part of the afternoon playing with those.
They've finally put in signs at the new school.  Can you believe how big?  And there are two of them, one on each corner.  I just hope they're planning to add a period after "St".  They know that.  There's one on the sign attached to the school.  I'm giving them a couple of weeks before I say something.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up with the "." comment! I love it! And I love their precious shirts! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete