Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ouch!

I went to the dentist today for the first time in I'm embarrassed to say how long -- at least TWO YEARS! It's been one of those things that I've just let slide with little kids, major moves, house purchasing, job loss, job gain, shall I go on? Man, do my gums hurt! Not to mention that I hate to go to the dentist. My teeth are so sensitive and I gag when they take x-rays. She used some tool that was a cross between a drill and a pick to clean my teeth. Then she used the traditional pick, then she used that "polish" scrub stuff that is so gross. Then I had to swish some floride rinse, yuck! When all was said and done, the report was great: no cavities and no problems, she said I just needed a good cleaning and maybe should start whitening again. Good thing I paid for that customized whitening tray when I was a young DINK (double income no kids) lawyer at the big firm in Atlanta. With my wonderful county insurance, I paid $10 for some whitening gell and off I went. No charge for the cleaning or x-rays. And, for those of you who haven't been to the dentist in a while, don't let those awful bite wing x-rays scare you off anymore; with the new x-ray machines, there's no more big cardboard trays to bite down on!

1 comment:

  1. Stan and I both did this same thing about a year and a half ago. We finally went after not going for almost two years and we were both terrified of what would happen, and while the cleaning took a little longer than usual because of the plaque build-up, it wasn't so bad. We are now back on our 6 month visits and life feels better. Glad you had a good visit. The customized whitening tray sounds quite nice. You don't have to do the aggravating strips!

    ReplyDelete